What's in this Guide?
This guide provides basic information about the library and library staff. Follow these links for more library information:
What's in the Library?
The Mary Jane Hamilton Library at UCSO is available for use by students, faculty, staff members and citizens of our service area. The library collection and services include:
- Approximately 18,000 print volumes
- Over 16,000 eBooks
- Approximately 130 professional journals and magazines
- Access to more than 700 electronic reference books (Credo Reference Database)
- Access to over 30 general and subject-specific electronic databases (on-site and remote access) that provide full-text access to journals, magazines and newspapers (EbscoHost)
- Library computer lab
- Inter-library loan service: patrons may request materials not available at our library
- Facility-wide wireless network: students may access the Internet with their laptop computer or other mobile device via the wireless network on campus.
August 17 - December 15
Monday - Thursday
7:30 AM – 8:00 PM
7:30 AM – 4:00 PM
Saturday & Sunday
The library is closed on the following days:
September 7- Labor Day
October 15-16 - Fall Break
November 25-26 - Thanksgiving Break
Library hours are subject to change. Call to confirm: 580.220.2855
UCSO Library Policies
National and State Policies
Your library questions are answered here
Does the library sell scantrons, pens/pencils, thumb drives?
No, the library does not sell these items. They may be purchased at the bookstore.
Does the library provide change for the copy machines?
No, the library does not provide change for the copy machines. Change is available in the vending area near the back of the building.
Does the library have color printers/copiers?
No, color prints/copies are not available.
Does the library have a fax machine?
Yes. The library staff can fax academic materials for patrons.
Does the library have a scanner?
Yes. The library staff can scan academic materials for patrons.
Where do I return my books?
Books and other items you have checked out should be returned to the bin at the circulation desk in the library.
How do I renew my library books?
You may renew books in person, by phone, or by email. Call 580.220.2855 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What if the library does not have the book/article I need?
You can request an Interlibrary Loan (ILL) if we don’t have the book or article you need. Contact the library staff to request an ILL.
How do I get a library card?
You may fill out a library card request form at the circulation desk. You need your driver’s license or a state ID to get a library card.
Do I need a library card to use a computer in the library?
No, you do not need a library card to use computers in the library.
What if I lose or damage a book?
The library charges for replacement of lost or damaged books.